The Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence (AI*IA) offers grants for the participation of students in the 16th Conference of the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence (AI*IA 2017). The objective of AI*IA student support is to encourage students interested in subjects related to Artificial Intelligence to become active members of the AI*IA community.
All assigned grants cover conference fees. In addition, grants can partially support travel/accommodation expenses. The level of support will be determined by the availability of funds and the number of eligible applications. Grant recipients are also expected to help the conference organization as student volunteers.
To apply, the candidates should:
- be enrolled in a Bachelor, Master or Ph.D. program or be recently graduated from a Bachelor/Master program;
- be a member of AI*IA for 2016;
- have good English skills.
The candidates should send the grant application to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15th.
The application should include:
- personal data, phone number, email address and social security number (or Codice Fiscale for Italian students);
- a scanned copy of the passport or ID card;
- a one-page (at most 500 words) curriculum vitae of the candidate. Bachelor/Master students should include the average mark; recently graduated students should include the graduation mark;
- a letter from a researcher/professor including an assessment of the current status;
- status of the candidate (i.e., student/recently graduated);
- a budget estimating registration, travel, accommodation and meal expenses;
The applications will be evaluated by the commission formed by: Donato Malerba, Stefano Ferilli, Francesca Lisi
The commission will evaluate the submitted applications, and will select the students that will receive grants on the basis of the following priorities:
- Students with an accepted contribution in the Doctoral Consortium
- Ph.D. students participating in the Doctoral Consortium
- Ph.D. students attending the conference and workshops
- Bachelor and master students and, among these, according to the average of their exam grades
- Recent graduates
The selected students will have to confirm their participation in the symposium in 2 days.
Instructions for getting the reimbursement after the event will be sent to the selected students in the notification e-mail.